Thursday, February 26, 2009

Not so busy anymore...

Conrad being a dashing model

Haven't written in a while. Things slowed right down after that busy week. Luckily I worked all weekend at the bar, but didn't make as much money total what I would normally make on a Friday. It was a bummer. I'm trying to keep a calm head about my money issues. In fact, it would seem on the outside that I might not be giving it a thought at all but trust me, I'm just bottling it up inside. I had a great interview on Friday for a great job at a great restaurant. This place is right up my alley: 150 bottle wine list, rotating menu, vegetarian friendly, recycling program, and best of all, using foods and goods from local farmers. I'm crossing my fingers so hard my hands are cramping. I have a second interview on Wednesday. I really want this job. Even if I had to leave Subterranean, which I love. I hope I'm not jinxing it because I'm talking about it.

Baloo Bear will do anything for attention.
Baloo Bear will do anything for attention.

I broke down and bought my first pattern the other day. It was $5.50 and I used my savings to stymie the guilt. It is the Wicked sweater pattern from Zephyr Style. It's really cute, short sleeves and a kangaroo pocket. I have a bright teal Patons merino wool that I'm using. I started to make my swatch today and I think my gauge is too loose. Which means I need to go down a needle size, which means I have to go out and purchase the right size needle. Ugh! It never ends! So, instead I started to work on Adrienne's Snake Scarf. Adrienne's Snake Scarf I made one for Mickey (which the dogs are modeling) and my Mom (his grandma) showed it around. Adrienne is due this week for her fourth child and wants a snake scarf for her 4 year old. She's a really cool girl so I have no problem making her one but I told my mom in no uncertain terms not to take orders. I'm not fiddling away my time making her clients snake scarfs! No matter how cute their own grand babies may be!

I also made a round dishcloth to teach myself short rows. I learned the wrap-and-turn method. It's embarrassingly easy. I was worried that they'd be hard. I now want to learn the Japanese method. It might be a cleaner look. The dishcloth turned out huge. Again, my loose knitting gauge. I swear, it just haunts me.

The BF is such a good sport!


So really, that's all I have this week. Pretty boring.

1 comment: