Monday, March 23, 2009

Heartbroken - I didn't get the job

Hi Meghan,
Thank you for the nice card. My apologies for not getting back to you
sooner, between construction and finishing up interviewing all our
applicants…everything has unfortunately been pushed back.

I am sorry to say that at this time, we can not offer you employment.
There are so many wonderful people (you included!) that we interviewed
that we would have loved to offer positions for but unfortunately, we
can only hire a small handful out of the hundreds and hundreds of
applications.

I had such a nice interview with you and you also seem like you would
be a great person to work with so I hope you keep us in mind if we are
hiring in the future and I will also keep your resume on file.

Thank you for being patient and take care,

Chanel

P.S. My good friend Carol is the owner of Milk & Honey Cafe and also
Cippolina and she is always looking for good employees. I think it’s
a fun place to work there. You should drop off a resume there and let
me know if you do and I’ll call Carol and recommend you! My personal
email is: (…) or call me and leave a message
(…)

1 comment:

  1. Meg- I'm so sorry that you didn't get that job, I know you really wanted it. I know you don't agree with my mantra- rather, coping mechanism- that if it didn't happen it wasn't meant to be, but I do actually believe that. Maybe I believe it because it makes me feel better, if only for a few moments, but maybe I believe it because it alludes to a better opportunity a little way off.

    I wish you peace of mind even with your bad news, and I hope that you do as Chanel recommends. What a nice and encouraging letter, at least you have that. Everytime I've been turned down for a job the most I got was a, "that position has been filled" with a grimace.

    Best you can do is dust the disappointment off and try again, always keeping in mind that you're better than the job you're applying for, and they'll be lucky if they get the chance to find that out.

    ReplyDelete